COVID-19: US asks doctors, nurses around the world to apply for visas

The United States has asked medical professionals seeking to work in America to apply for a work visa at the nearest US Embassy as part of measures to strengthen the health system to contain the coronavirus pandemic in the country.
The government in a statement published on www . travel . state. gov on Friday, advised foreign medical professionals already in the US to consult with their sponsors to extend their programmes .
According to World Health Organisation statistics as of 12 : 00 pm on Friday, 63 , 570 people have been infected with the virus and nearly 884 have died in the US which is quickly becoming the new epicenter of the outbreak.
The statement read , “ We encourage medical professionals seeking to work in the United States on a work or exchange visitor , particularly those working to treat or mitigate the effects of COVID -19 , to reach out to the nearest embassy or consulate to request a visa appointment.
“ For those foreign medical professionals already in the United States :
“ J-1 Alien Physicians (medical residents ) may consult with their programme sponsor, ECFMG, to extend their programmes in the United States . Generally, a J -1 program for a foreign medical resident can be extended one year at a time for up to seven years. ”
It noted that the expiration date on a US visa did not determine how long one can be in the United States .

Source: punch news

Triple T

I am OlorunToba Taofeeq OluwaTosin, (Triple T), an Alternative Medicine Practitioner. Acquisition of my knowledge begins from the parents who were born into herbs and natural medicines, then I further my knowledge from across the nations. Seeking more knowledge has been something difficult for me to quit, I read, learn practically and acquire more experiences with my bosses in both local and international communities. I started this practice fully around 2017-2018 when I was able to treat few of my family and friends from chronic diseases like stroke, diabetes, Hepatitis, ulcer etc. Learning from the most knowledgeable practitioners has been my paramount priority. Triple T wishes us sound health!

14 thoughts on “COVID-19: US asks doctors, nurses around the world to apply for visas

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.