Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
An endometrial biopsy also increases the risk of PID due to some bacterial infections during the biopsy.
• Appendicitis: It slightly increases the risk because the infection from appendices is spread over the pelvic regions.
• Childbirth, abortion or miscarriage can make the vaginal mouth unclosed. This makes the high possibility of bacteria to enter into the reproductive organs.
• An intrauterine device (IUD): It is a type of birth control placed into the uterus, which increases the risk of developing PID.
• Douching: Douching is washing or cleaning out the vagina with water or other mixtures of fluids. Frequent douching may be at risk for developing PID.
• Women who are having several sexual partners.
• People who do not use barrier contraceptives
• Women who are under age of 25years and sexually active.